Financial Literacy Program
Here at Dedham Savings, we believe in the power of educating consumers and businesses about finances. Here are some additional ways we encourage good financial habits:
- We offer the All Star Savers account, an account in which kids are encouraged to save and receive incentives for reaching specific savings milestones.
- We welcome and provide Boy & Girl Scout educational visits to the Bank.
- We participate in the Radio Disney 'Your Community, Your Bank' program which teaches people in our area about the importance of understanding finances. As a part of the program, we are slated to donate two $1,000 scholarships to local high school students as they prepare for college.
- We encourage children and youth in the community to read books about saving and other topics throughout the summer months. The Bank currently partners with the Westwood, Sharon & Walpole summer reading programs and donates incentives such as Amazon Kindles and other prizes. We are continuously looking to expand and bring these programs to other towns.
- We reach out to high school students and work in their classrooms to teach them about savings, and checking accounts, credit and future job opportunities.
- We participate in Credit for Life, a regional seminar designed to teach teens about the importance of establishing good credit.
- We sponsor educational first time homebuyer programs and participate in the Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston’s Equity Builder Program to help qualified new buyers with their down payment and closing costs.
- We host a retirement planning series which provides attendees with guidance to help them make informed financial decisions and plan for their future.*
- We host a three-part Piggy Bankers financial literacy program, in conjunction with Self Help Inc., that teaches young children (ages 4-6) about earning, spending, and saving money.
For more information on Dedham Savings Financial Literacy programs or to set up a meeting to bring a program to your town, please contact Jackie Tilks, Marketing Officer, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-320-4811.
If you have a financial topic that you would like us to explore, please contact Rob Erasmi at email@example.com or call 781-320-1496.
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through Sorrento Pacific Financial, LLC (“SPF”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Consultant. Products offered through SPF: are not FDIC or otherwise federally insured, are not a deposit or guarantee of the bank, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through SPF. The Bank has contracted with SPF to make non-deposit investment products and services available to bank customers.